Michelle's Front Page

Shopping shouldn’t made you feel old

March 25th, 2007

I went to Old Navy last night to pick up a couple of pairs of shorts I could bum around in at the Antigua house. Sounded like an easy errand. I wanted something inexpensive and comfy – Old Navy seemed like just the ticket. Wow. When did I get so old? I spent the entire time walking around the store thinking they needed a geriatric section just for me. About 80% of the shorts had a 2 inch inseam – meaning butt checks hang out of the bottom and we won’t even discuss what my thighs might look like in them. The other 20% came to my knees. I just want normal length shorts – thigh and butt coverage but short enough to be cool on hot days. And the 2 pairs that I found that they called mid-length (meaning normal), were super low rise waist. I hate that because I have no hips or butt (but I have an over abundance of everything else) so I always feel like my pants are falling down. The super low rise often gives even well proportioned girls/women a muffin top – I really will be glad when this trend is over. And one of the 2 pairs was linen. I don’t want linen! Linen looks fabulous on the hanger but looks like you were on a 3 day bender after you wear it for 20 minutes.

Then we went to Baby Depot to do some crib shopping.  My wonderful mother-in-law gave us a generous gift card for there at Christmas.  Steve quickly pointed out his 2 favorite and I liked them both.  Only 1 of those 2 converted to a toddler bed so we went with that one.   It’s looking like baby central in our hallway – crib box, stroller in a box, activity table we bought at the consignment store a few weeks ago.  Maybe we’ll have a baby at home to use it all soon!

crib2.jpg

Just a crib – nothing spectacular.  It looks nice and the price was right (meaning the gift card covered it).

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 25th, 2007 at 12:03 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply


beats by dr dre monster beats cuffie beats fitflop italia scarpe fitflop fitflop online ray ban wayfarer occhiali ray ban occhiali da sole ray ban scarpe louboutin louboutin scarpe louboutin prezzi peuterey peuterey outlet